Inside: Just in time for fall, learn how to make an adorable My Little Pumpkin Keepsake Craft with craft sticks, paint, and glue.
Our My Little Pumpkin Keepsake Craft is a fun DIY gift that kids can make for their loved ones at home or school. It requires minimal craft supplies and can easily be adapted to a large group of kids by working in stations or small groups.
My Little Pumpkin Keepsake Craft
Do you have a little pumpkin? I have 2 and they are growing up faster than I wish to admit. The keepsake crafts they’ve made me throughout the past 7 and 9 years are cherished. I hope they will continue making them…no matter how old they get!
Older kids can make this My Little Pumpkin Keepsake Craft independently (my son began using a low-temperature hot glue gun when he was in kindergarten), but for the ease of making it with large classes of kids, I recommend prepping the wooden pumpkins.
To Make This Craft You Will Need
- My Little Pumpkin template
- orange and green acrylic paint
- 7 jumbo craft sticks
- 2 standard craft sticks
- low-temperature hot glue gun or tacky craft glue
- adhesive magnets
- green pipe cleaners
- double-sided tape or glue stick
- wallet sized photographs
1. After gathering supplies, print the My Little Pumpkin template. Use scissors or a paper cutter to cut out the rectangles.
2. Invite kids to line up 6 jumbo craft sticks. Glue 2 standard sized craft sticks on top of them. This will be the back of the pumpkin keepsake.
3. When the glue is dry, paint the front of the pumpkin keepsake orange. Paint one jumbo craft stick green. Allow the painted craft sticks to dry completely.
4. When the craft sticks are dry, use the scissors to cut the green craft stick in half. Glue the green craft stick to the back of the pumpkin keepsake.
5. Glue or tape the photograph and My Little Pumpkin words onto the front of the pumpkin.
6. Invite kids to cut 1 pipe cleaner in half. Twist the pipe cleaner around a pencil to create vines for the pumpkin. Glue the vines to the back of the pumpkin.
7. If desired, secure magnets to the back of the pumpkin keepsake so that it can be hung on the refrigerator.
Isn’t it darling? Perfect for kids to make after a visit to the pumpkin patch.
Save This Craft
More Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
Click the images below to view more pumpkin crafts for kids.