Inside: Kids of all ages will love creating a glowing Jack O’Lantern Nightlight Jar for Halloween. This colorful Halloween craft is perfect for school or home.
This past weekend, my kids and I made adorable Jack O’Lantern Nightlights for their bedrooms. The nightlight jars provide a comforting glow for bedtime and make us smile!
How to Make Jack O’Lantern Nightlight Jars
I just love everything about fall! The scent…the cool air…and most of all, pumpkins!
My kids loved creating these sweet nightlight jars. Lit up with flameless battery powered candles, they provide a comforting glow on chilly fall evenings.
To Make This Halloween Craft You Will Need
- baby food jars or small mason jars
- orange tissue paper, cut into 1-inch squares
- black construction paper and scissors
- Mod Podge and a brush
- flameless candles
- green pipe cleaners
- ribbon scraps and glue dots
Directions for Jack O’Lantern Craft
1. Wash and dry the jars thoroughly.
2. Decoupage the orange tissue paper squares onto the jar with Mod Podge or glue and a brush. Invite kids to cut shapes from the black tissue paper for their jack o’lantern’s face. Decoupage the shapes over the orange tissue paper.
3. When the Mod Podge or glue is dry, attach ribbon or twine to the top of the jar. Secure with a glue dot.
4. Twist a pipe cleaner into a spiral and place it inside of the jar.
5. Place a battery powered flameless candle inside of them and enjoy the spooky glow!
Make several Jack O’Lantern nightlight jars in assorted shapes and sizes. If you desire, gift one to a friend, neighbor, or teacher!
Read and Craft
It’s fun to pair a seasonal craft with a great book. Try out:
The Story of Jack O’Lantern by Katherine Tegen
Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbell
The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams
Pete the Cat: Five Little Pumpkins by James Dean
J is for Jack-O’-Lantern: A Halloween Alphabet by Brennan-Nelson Denise
Video Tutorial: Jack O’Lantern Night Light Jar
Save This Pumpkin Craft
Don’t forget to save this craft on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Fireflies and Mud Pies here.
More Halloween Crafts for Kids
Click the images below to view more creative Halloween crafts for kids.