Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here! My name is Melissa.
I’m a mom to two middle school-aged boys, a former elementary school counselor, an author, and an award-winning kids craft and activity blogger. No matter how you found yourself here—social media, Google search, Pinterest, or a friend’s recommendation—I want you to know that I am grateful you’re here.
And I know you’re here for a reason.
- You believe it’s the simple things that make childhood magical.
- You wish to develop your child’s creativity and love for nature.
- You want a connected, thriving, and happy family.
I want those things too!
But Here’s the Thing
Simple days and a thriving family don’t just happen. Like all good things, they take effort, mindfulness, and persistence. I want to grow with you on your parenting journey. That’s why I started Fireflies and Mud Pies. Together we will:
- Connect with our kids through simple crafts and activities.
- Learn to filter unnecessary noise so we can enjoy more peaceful days.
- Love, play, and laugh more with family and friends.
All the while, growing and learning from our children and each other.
I live with my husband, kids, and yellow lab in upstate New York. When I’m not working, you can find me hiking, working out, knitting, reading on my back deck, gardening, feeding birds, coddling houseplants, taking pictures, or enjoying a Netflix binge.
Through Fireflies and Mud Pies, I share creative, low-cost ideas for connecting, crafting, and playing at home. If you are new to Fireflies and Mud Pies, you may wish to explore our popular posts: