Inside: Summer is the perfect season for creating ocean-themed art. In this post, learn how to make a colorful upcycled CD and ribbon jellyfish craft. This easy craft is perfect for home, school, or daycare.
Summer is flying by, but it’s not over yet. If you are planning a trip to the beach or are studying ocean animals in homeschool or preschool, then this upcycled CD and ribbon jellyfish craft is just what you need!
Related: Black Glue and Watercolor Snail Art
CD and Ribbon Jellyfish Craft
This easy craft is the perfect summer boredom buster. Kids love crafting with old CDs, and the layered effect of the tissue paper is beautiful.
To Make This Jellyfish Craft You Will Need
Directions for Tissue Paper Jellyfish Craft
1. Spread glue over the back of the CD with a brush.
2. Press tissue paper squares over the glue, wrapping the tissue paper over the sides. Allow the glue to dry.
3. Glue 2 medium-sized wiggly eyes to the CD. Invite kids to draw a smile on the jellyfish with the black permanent marker.
4. Next, glue or tape the ribbon to the back of the jellyfish. We used ribbons leftover from my son’s birthday party.
5. Glue or tape a loop of ribbon to the top of the jellyfish so kids can hang it up.
Aren’t they cute? Perfect for summer!
Save This Post
Don’t forget to save this craft on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Fireflies and Mud Pies here.
More Ocean Animal Crafts for Kids
Click the images below to view more colorful ocean animal crafts for kids.