Kids will enjoy making a unique and colorful Easter Hedgehog Craft with our printable template and supplies you already have on hand. It’s an easy and fun Easter project for home, school, or community programs!
Hedgehog Craft for Easter
You asked and we designed. Our hedgehog craft collection now includes a wild and whimsical Easter hedgehog! Our 8-page template includes a variety of hedgehog bodies, the option to turn this craft into an Easter card, 16 patterned Easter eggs, 16 blank Easter eggs, paper eyes, and paper noses.
Which egg is your favorite?
Craft Supplies Needed for the Paper Hedgehog Craft
Directions for the Easter Hedgehog Craft
1. Download and print the Easter Hedgehog Template on white cardstock. Invite your child to choose which template they wish to use.
2. Color the hedgehog body and Easter eggs.
3. Cut out the hedgehog and egg patterns with scissors.
4. Glue the Easter eggs to the hedgehog’s body to create the hedgehog’s bristles.
5. If you wish to turn your hedgehog into an Easter card, glue the top of the hedgehog’s body to the second template that contains the text “Happy Easter!”
7. Your Easter Hedgehog Craft is complete!
Large Group Crafting Tips
- Have a completed model available to display for the group. Recreate the craft with the group so they have guidance and instruction.
- Prepare a caddy on each table with appropriate supplies. Always be prepared with extras nearby!
- Complete the craft in phases. First, color everything. Then cut out the pieces. Finally, glue everything together to assemble your craft.
- If you cannot finish the group craft in one sitting, use inexpensive accordion porfolios to store pieces and supplies.
- Have some books or extra crafts on hand for fast finishers.
- Assign children to help cleanup and put items away.
- Use this craft as a quiet activity for children who finish work early.
Take it Further
- Pair this craft with the book Happy Easter, Gus! by Jacklyn Williams.
- Read and learn about hedgehogs.
- Learn about the history of Easter eggs.
- Print duplicates of the template to make a matching memory game.
- Use the eggs from the template to create a scavenger hunt.
- Create many hedgehogs to make a banner for your room, mantle, or classroom.
- Use your Easter hedgehog craft as a bookmark.
- Design a woodland creatures journal using your hedgehog.
- Make a paper wreath with your Easter hedgehog.
- Read Mr. Hedgehog and his Missing Spectacles by Deeksha Palanna.
- Read Jan Brett’s Hedgie series of books.
- Watch informational videos about hedgehogs.
- Check out the movies Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- Build an edible hedgehog with a pear, grapes, and toothpicks.
- Use playdoh or clay to make a hedgehog. Add in spaghetti, angel hair pasta, straws, toothpicks, or pipe cleaners to make the hedgehog’s bristles.
- Play the Hedgehog Roll board game.
- Easter Hedgehog Craft Template
- White cardstock
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils, or paint
- Download and print the Easter Hedgehog Template on white cardstock. Invite your child to choose which template they wish to use.
- Color the hedgehog's body and the Easter eggs.
- Cut out the hedgehog and egg patterns with scissors.
- Glue the Easter eggs to the hedgehog’s body to create the hedgehog’s bristles.
- If you wish to turn your hedgehog into an Easter card, glue the top of the hedgehog’s body to the second template that contains the text “Happy Easter!”
- Your Easter Hedgehog Craft is complete! Kids will feel proud to share their Easter card with loved ones!