Are you searching for an easy treat that you can customize any time of year? Rolo Pretzels may be what you are looking for! Requiring only 3 ingredients, these bite-sized tasty treats are the perfect combination of salty and sweet, and are so fun to make with kids!
RELATED: Chocolate Dipped Valentine Oreos
Rolo Pretzels Recipe
Craving the perfect treat that hits all the right notes? Smooth chocolate caramel Rolos melted on top of crunchy lattice pretzels, topped with colorful M&Ms are the easiest holiday treat for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, and more! Whether you’re hosting a gathering, a cookie exchange, or treating yourself to a cozy night in, Rolo Pretzels are the snacktime heroes you’ve been waiting for!
RELATED: Chocolate Spritz Cookies
With just a handful of simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can whip up these tasty treats that are guaranteed to vanish in no time. In fact, you may want to make a double batch! What a great activity to do with kids!
Watch the Video Tutorial
Watch the video below to be walked through every step of this salty holiday treat.
How to Make Rolo Pretzels
Follow the easy steps below to learn how to make these little treats!
STEP 1: Preheat your oven. The first thing you need to do to make this great recipe is preheat your oven to 250°F. Next, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Gather your ingredients, then unwrap the Rolos. Unwrapping Rolos is the perfect job for kids!
STEP 2: Arrange the pretzels. Place the salty pretzels in a single layer on your cookie sheet.
STEP 3: Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel. Top the center of each crunchy pretzel with 1 unwrapped Rolo candy.
STEP 4: Bake the pretzels. Transfer your baking sheet to your preheated oven and bake the pretzels for 3-5 minutes, or until the Rolos begin to soften.
STEP 5: Remove from the oven. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and press 1 colorful M&M on top of each single Rolo. If desired, push them into the warm chocolate a little bit. We used the seasonal Cupid’s Mix to make Valentine’s Day themed Rolo treats!
STEP 6: Wait. Perhaps the hardest part! Allow the chocolate to set and firm at room temperature before enjoying or storing in an airtight container.
I needed my Pretzel Rolo Treats quickly, so I placed them in our cold garage to firm up! You can also chill them in the freezer for 10–15 minutes.
Looking to mix it up? This recipe is playful and forgiving. It won’t take long to find your favorite variation!
- Instead of Rolos, try using heart-shaped caramel candies!
- Top each softened Rolo with a pecan half, almonds, or a different nut of your choice to make Rolo Pretzel Turtles.
- Use gluten-free pretzels!
- Use white chocolate melting wafers and a green M&M to make “Green Eggs and Ham” or a St. Patrick’s Day variation.
- Top each Rolo with an additional pretzel instead of nuts or candy.
- In place of Rolos, try using miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Press whole pecans into the center of each pretzel.
- Shake sprinkles or nonpareils on top of each Rolo.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips onto the top of the Rolo.
- Turn your Rolo Pretzel Bites into Rolo Pretzel Reindeer for the Christmas holiday season!
- Gift these tasty candies to friends in gift bags or a festive standard cookie tin.
- Serve the Rolo Pretzel Candies on your holiday cookie platters.
- Decorate the homemade candies to match your birthday party, wedding shower, or baby shower.
More Easy Recipes for Kids to Make
Looking for more great ideas? These tasty recipes are fun for kids of all ages.
- The Best Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Homemade Apple Crisp
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Save This Recipe
- Rolo Creamy Caramels, unwrapped
- Square pretzels
- Preheat your oven to 250°F. Next, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Gather your ingredients, then unwrap the Rolos.
- Place the pretzels in a single layer on your cookie sheet.
- Top the center of each crunchy pretzel with 1 unwrapped Rolo candy.
- Transfer your baking sheet to your preheated oven and bake the pretzels for 3-5 minutes, or until the Rolos begin to soften.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and press 1 colorful M&M on top of each single Rolo.
- Serve and enjoy!