Chocolate Spritz Cookies are delicious anytime of year with cold milk! Use the Y shaped disc that came with your cookie press to create heart shaped cookies, perfect for Valentine’s Day.
This post contains affiliate links. Opinions are my own.
Chocolate Spritz Cookies
These cookies are so sweet. My youngest son marveled that they tasted like brownies, then asked for seconds! Pink royal icing and Valentine’s Day colored sprinkles made them feel like a festive treat.
RELATED: Valentine Oreos
Scroll down for a printable version of the recipe.
To make the royal icing drizzle, mix 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar with 2 tbsp of milk and ¼ tsp of almond extract.
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cream the cocoa powder, shortening, butter, and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and almond extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture until a stiff dough is created.
- Fit the cookie press with the Y plate. Fill press with dough, then press dough onto an uncreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until cookies are set (about 7 minutes). These cookies taste better soft and slightly undercooked!
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.