Just in time for Halloween, kids of all ages will enjoy creating this adorable paper plate pumpkin craft with paper plates, paint, and pipe cleaners.
This easy kids craft requires basic supplies, making it perfect for home or school.
Related: Paper Plate Frog Craft
How to Make an Easy and Fun Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
My kids absolutely love Halloween! And it’s not really about the candy (we are a dye-free family). They love the crisp leaves, the costumes, and being out past bedtime. I think they love that part most.
This darling paper plate pumpkin craft includes a free printable template. Pair it with:
- The Story of the Jack O’Lantern by Katherine Tegan
- A Halloween writing prompt
- Fall field trips
Related: Paper Plate Ladybug Craft
Craft Supplies Needed for Paper Plate Pumpkin
- Free printable pumpkin template
- 6.5-inch paper plates
- Orange, yellow, and brown washable paint
- Green pipe cleaners
- Single hole punch
- White school glue
Paper Plate Pumpkin Directions
1. After gathering supplies, invite your child to paint their paper plate orange. Just in case you don’t have paper plates, our free printable template also includes a 6.5-inch circle.
Related: Paper Plate Turtle Craft
2. While the paper plate dries, invite your child to paint the pumpkin template with yellow and brown paint.
3. Cut out the pieces, then invite your child to decorate his or her pumpkin.
Related: Paper Plate Chick Craft
Aren’t they cute? Perfect for bulletin boards, school Harvest/Halloween parties, library programs, and more!
Video Tutorial: Paper Plate Pumpkin
Watch the video below to be guided through each step of this craft. You can view more easy kids craft tutorials on our Facebook Page, Pinterest Page, Teachers Pay Teachers Page, or right here on our website.
Pin This Craft
Don’t forget to save this craft on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Fireflies and Mud Pies here.
More Easy Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
This popsicle stick pumpkin is the perfect fall keepsake for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners!
Isn’t this terracotta pumpkin the cutest? It’s the perfect DIY fall decoration!
Easy and fun for kids of all ages, these coffee filter pumpkin suncatchers look great on classroom windows!