Inside: This unique and easy Leprechaun Hat craft, created from popsicle sticks, paint, and felt, is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with kids!
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner! Inspired by our wildly popular Snowman Hat Ornaments, we are breaking out the craft sticks, paint, and glue once again to make an easy and fun Leprechaun Hat craft that is perfect for home or school.
How to Make a Leprechaun Hat Craft
This creative St. Patrick’s Day craft is really easy for kids! We used hot glue, but tacky craft glue works like a charm and is perfect for school!
TIP: Don’t you hate when crafts stick to a gluey surface? Use parchment paper or a silicone craft mat for easy peeling and cleaning.
To Make This Leprechaun Hat Craft You Will Need
- 6 miniature craft sticks
- 4 standard craft sticks
- green and black acrylic paint
- yellow and black felt
- tacky craft glue or hot glue
- green ribbon
Directions for Leprechaun Hat
1. After gathering supplies, invite your child to paint 4 miniature craft sticks and 4 standard craft sticks green. Next, paint 2 miniature craft sticks black. Allow the paint to dry completely.
2. When the paint is dry, cut 2 of the standard-sized craft sticks in half.
3. Arrange the craft sticks into the shape of a leprechaun hat (6 miniature craft sticks on top and 2 standard craft sticks on the bottom).
Glue the 2 cut standard craft sticks on top of the arrangement to secure the shape of the hat.
4. Cut out a 1-inch square of yellow felt, followed by a .75-inch square of black felt. Glue the squares together, then glue them to the leprechaun hat.
5. Secure a loop of ribbon to the back of the ornament.
If desired, seal the Leprechaun Hat craft with Mod Podge.
Isn’t it darling? Perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, or save it for your Christmas tree!
Save This Craft
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids
Click the images below to view more simple and fun St. Patrick’s Day Crafts for kids!
Want even more?
Make sure to follow on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for more easy crafts, activities, recipes, and parenting tips. And don’t forget to subscribe to our emails.