Strawberries welcome summer vacation in the sweetest way. Picking them is one of our very favorite family traditions. Usually I can strawberry jam, but this year since my canning supplies are packed (we are moving to a new state in a few days), we only picked enough to eat…and drink! Shared below is a heavenly recipe for Fresh Strawberry Lemonade. I hope your family will love it as much as mine did!
This post contains affiliate links. Opinions are my own.
My oldest son is a great strawberry picker. He’s dedicated and hardworking! My youngest though…
Related: Raspberry Lemonade Recipe
That’s him picking berries…right out of my box! What a stinker! Honestly though, I don’t really mind! Berry picking is meant to be fun and it’s a great way to get outside and connect as a family.
- 8 cups cold water
- 6–7 lemons, halved and squeezed
- 1–2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJCXX24?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00HJCXX24&linkCode=xm2&tag=firandmudpie-20″ target=”_blank”]white sugar[/url]
- Fill a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZP4D3G?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00EZP4D3G&linkCode=xm2&tag=firandmudpie-20″ target=”_blank”]pitcher[/url] with 8 cups of water.
- Squeeze the lemons into the water with a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KH9PXZ6?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00KH9PXZ6&linkCode=xm2&tag=firandmudpie-20″ target=”_blank”]lemon juicer[/url].
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Squish the strawberries with a fork and allow them cook and “pop” until a rich, red syrup is formed. Alternatively, you could push the strawberries through a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003R28HWQ?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B003R28HWQ&linkCode=xm2&tag=firandmudpie-20″ target=”_blank”]juicer[/url]! That’s what I did!
- Place a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TUQF9O?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B007TUQF9O&linkCode=xm2&tag=firandmudpie-20″ target=”_blank”]fine, mesh strainer[/url] over the pitcher. Pour the strawberry syrup into the lemonade through the strainer. Press down on the mixture with a spatula to squeeze out the juice.
- Stir well. Chill the lemonade before serving.