Inside: Kids love this creative Design Your Own Thanksgiving Turkey Craft. This easy craft includes a printable template, making it perfect for home or school.
November is the perfect month for turkey crafts! Whether kids are learning about turkeys or Thanksgiving, or simply enjoying a crafternoon at home, this open-ended craft will bring on the smiles.
Related: 50 Autumn Playdough Recipes for Kids
Design Your Own Thanksgiving Turkey Craft for Kids
This cute Design Your Own Thanksgiving Turkey Craft is perfect for home or school.
A friend of mine who teaches preschool jokingly called it “The Versatile Turkey Craft” and that it is! The basic turkey template allows kids to be creative and choose materials for the feathers. Pair it with:
- Run, Turkey, Run! by Diane Mayr
- A Thanksgiving writing prompt
- A fall nature walk
Related: Favorite Thanksgiving Books for Kids
To Make This Thanksgiving Turkey Craft You Will Need
- Thanksgiving turkey craft template
- White cardstock
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers
- Tacky craft glue or double sided tape
- Liquid watercolors (optional)
- Color diffusing paper (optional)
- Natural materials, recycled materials, paper scraps, feathers
Thanksgiving Turkey Craft Directions
1. After gathering supplies, print the Thanksgiving turkey template on white cardstock.
2. Invite kids to color their turkey. We used crayons, but kids could also use markers, colored pencils, or paint.
3. Next, invite kids to cut out their turkeys.
4. After the turkeys are prepped, take the kids outside to collect natural materials. Fall provides such an amazing variety of colorful leaves, perfect for creating turkey feathers!
5. Print, color, and cut more templates and invite kids to see what else they can use to design their turkeys. Shared below are some of our samples.
Aren’t they sweet?
Save This Craft
Don’t forget to save this craft on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Fireflies and Mud Pies here.
More Turkey Crafts for Kids
Click the images below to view more turkey crafts, activities, and recipes for kids.