Can you hear that? It’s the happy sound of children cheering for Winter Break! There might be a teacher (or two, or three) joining the chorus, but it’s mostly the joyful song of children anticipating Christmas.
Today the boys and I settled around the kitchen table to watch snow fall through the window, and to create some last-minute Christmas Tree ornaments. Toy Soldier Ornaments are colorful, simple, and very festive! We hope you like them!
This post contains affiliate links. Opinions are my own.
Toy Soldier Ornament
- Wide Craft Sticks
- Mini Craft Sticks
- Acrylic Paint (red, yellow, blue, and black)
- Foam Brushes (plus 1 tip broken off!)
- Glossy Mod Podge
- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
1. Paint the craft sticks individually to look like a toy soldier.
2. When the paint is dry, glue the sticks together as pictured in the photographs.
3. Attach twine to the back of the ornament using the hot glue.
4. Remove the sponge from the sponge brush and attach it to the toy soldier’s head using the hot glue.
5. Spread Glossy Mod Podge over the ornament to seal the paint.
This ornament looks adorable hanging on the tree or attached to a gift. I guarantee it will bring a smile to someone’s face!