It’s football season, right? To be completely honest, I don’t know a darn thing about football. I lack attention span for most sports, so it’s an amusing fact that I played women’s lacrosse in college (I was the one distracted by cloud formations in the right defensive wing). But my boys are becoming interested in sports. Watching them race around the house cheering “Go Pack, Go!” entertains me. Catching my oldest whisper questions to his Dad about football games charms me, and I can’t help but want to do something to join in the fun.
LEGO® Football with folded paper footballs? Yes, this is more my speed. And the boys loved it too!
This post contains affiliate links. Opinions are my own.
LEGO® Football Game for Kids
- LEGO® bricks and building platform
- brown construction paper
- 1 sheet of football field scrapbook paper (I purchased from Joann’s)
- white crayon or colored pencil
1. Cut a 2 ½ x 6 inch strip of brown construction paper.
2. Fold 1 corner of the paper towards the opposite edge to form a right triangle.
3. Flip the triangle over its top side. Continue folding the paper until you’ve reached the top.
4. Tuck the last triangle (it may not be a whole triangle) into the “pocket” of the football.
5. Use a white colored pencil or crayon to draw laces on both sides of the football.
Build a football field goal using LEGOS®. Arrange the scrapbook paper over the LEGO® platform. Snip out a small square and press the field goal into the platform. Hut, hut, HIKE the football over the goal by flicking it through the air with a finger! Create many folded paper footballs, as they will get lost behind furniture. Trust me on this one!
We played again and again! My son even set up LEGO® mini figure fans along the sidelines to cheer for him. LEGO Football is simple, inexpensive, and so fun!
Why not set up a few for the kids to play with during the Big Game?