This Valentine’s Day, several dear little friends of ours will receive one-of-a-kind, handmade Valentines from my boys. Our Crayon Mustache Valentines are a “mustac-have” for celebrating with humor and love. Continue reading to gain exclusive access to the free printable and to learn how to create this fun Valentine’s Day surprise!
Are you following my Valentine’s Day board on Pinterest?
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Kids think mustaches are hilarious! These crayons are sure to bring on the smiles!
Crayon Mustache Valentines
- Mustache Lollipop Molds
- Wooden Ball End Pop Sticks
- Silicone Muffin Cups
- Hole Punch
- Plastic treat bags
- 1 Muffin Tin
- Colored Cardstock
1. Heat your oven to 250° F. Unwrap the crayons and sort them by color. Place 3 silicone muffin cups inside of a muffin tin. Place the crayons into the muffin cups. Place the tin in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the crayons are completely melted.
2. When the crayon wax is melted, take the muffin tin out of the oven. Use a different wooden ball end pop stick to stir each color.
3. Place the wooden pop stick inside of the lollipop mold as indicated on the package. Carefully lift each silicone muffin cup from the tin and pour the hot wax into the mustache molds.
4. Allow the wax to set for 10-15 minutes. Next, place the pop mold into the freezer to speed along the cooling process. When the crayon is completely hard, it will pop right out of the mold.
Place several sheets of colored cardstock into your printer. Follow THIS LINK to gain access to my free printable, pictured below. Addressing each card is super handwriting and sight word practice for small children. To make the crayon mustaches gift-ready, place 1 crayon mustache into each gift bag. Tie with a ribbon and attach the tag!
The boys had a great time pairing each mustache with a funny accessory, like the silly glasses picture below. What fun these crayon mustaches would be for an at-home photo booth! To use the crayons, color with the stick attached or gently wiggle it out. “Mustac-have” you as my Valentine mustaches are unique, bright, and guaranteed to make people laugh!
Want even more?
Make sure to follow on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for more easy crafts, activities, recipes, and parenting tips. And don’t forget to subscribe to our emails.