Recently, while strolling around Target for birthday party supplies, my oldest noticed that the Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, and Easter decorations were all being displayed at the same time. (I noticed the bathing suits and how right at that very moment, my pants suddenly seemed too tight!)
He especially liked some funny striped St. Patrick’s Day straws, complete with orange mustaches. “A leprechaun mustache, Mommy!” he said. They were cute, but the price tag wasn’t. I took a mental picture and decided we would make them ourselves.
You will need:
- Striped paper straws (because they are easily composted/recycled)
- Orange construction paper
1. Draw the shape of a mustache.
2. Cut a strip of paper and tape it over the straw to the mustache. The mustache will be held against the straw, but should slide up and down the straw easily.
3. Add 2-3 drops of green food coloring to a glass of milk. Your children will be surprised!