Inside: Learn how to make a sweet and simple felt apple craft, perfect for kids of all ages.
These colorful felt apples can be used as gift tags, refrigerator magnets, holiday ornaments, or fall decor. They are even cute for a child’s play kitchen! Continue reading for the full tutorial and to download the free printable apple template included.
Sweet and Simple Felt Apple Craft
This craft is perfect for an apple unit study or just for fun. Cutting, picking up the felt, and pinching the clothespins open and shut is good work for developing finger muscles.
Related: Simple and Fun Apple Crafts for Kids
To Make This Easy Apple Craft You Will Need
- Small apple, leaf, and reflection/stem template (free download)
- Dark green, light green, red, yellow, and white felt (stiffened)
- Miniature clothespins
- Pinking shears (optional)
- Tacky craft glue
- Cardstock or manilla tagboard
- Black felt pen
- Magnetic strips (optional)
Directions for Apple Craft
1. After gathering supplies and printing the template onto manila tagboard or cardstock, trace the apple template onto the red, yellow, and light green felt.
2. Cut out the apples, then choose one apple to make a “bite” into with the pinking shears.
3. Next, cut out 3 dark green leaves and 3 white “reflections,” then glue them to the apples.
4. Invite children to open the small clothespins, then close them over the edge of the leaves to create stems. You may wish to secure the clothespins in place with glue.
5. If desired, secure an adhesive magnetic strip to the back of the apple to make a magnet.
Alternatively, refrain from gluing anything down. Little ones will enjoy putting the apples together all by themselves every time they play!
Video Tutorial: Easy Felt Apple Craft
Save This Craft
Don’t forget to save this craft on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Fireflies and Mud Pies here.
More Apple Crafts for Kids
Apple crafts are perfect for fall. Click the images below for more great ideas!