Are you looking for a fun way to use your child’s leftover Halloween candy? Make an easy Lollipop Turkey, a fun DIY decoration for Thanksgiving.
Easy Lollipop Turkey Craft
Another exciting Halloween has passed! This year my kids dressed up as a Skeleton and a Wookie. Want to know a secret? We actually did our Halloween costume shopping in the pajama section of Target this year! Two cute costumes that they can wear over and over again all year!
Of course, the boys came home with several bags of delicious candy. To welcome November, we used some of their lollipops to create a cute Thanksgiving turkey craft.
Lollipop Turkey Craft Supplies
- Styrofoam ball (medium-sized)
- Brown acrylic paint
- Orange and red craft foam or felt
- Wiggly eyes
- Tacky craft glue or hot glue
Lollipop Turkey Craft Directions
1. Paint the styrofoam ball with brown acrylic paint. Allow the paint to dry completely on a parchment-lined pan.
2. As the paint is drying, cut out wings, a gobbler, and a small beak for the turkey. When the paint is dry, secure the wiggly eyes, wings, gobbler, and beak to the styrofoam with tacky craft glue.
3. Last, press lollipops into the back of the styrofoam ball. The heavy lollipops will help prevent the turkey from rolling.
Video Tutorial: Lollipop Turkey Craft
Watch the video below to be guided through each step of this sensory bin. You can view more easy kids craft tutorials on our Facebook Page, Pinterest Page, Teachers Pay Teachers Page, or right here on our website.
Pin This Craft
Don’t forget to save this craft on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Fireflies and Mud Pies here.