It’s October, and cold northern air is whipping through the boys’ fleeces at the bus stop. That one coughs, and this one wipes his nose on his sleeve. As the bus pulls up with foggy, finger-smudged windows, I can’t help but think of it as an incubator for winter ick. I wave goodbye and walk home with the dog, brainstorming ways to keep my family healthy this season.
I’m greeted back home with the warm scents of cinnamon and clove. No, I’m not baking…it’s the oil diffuser loaded with my favorite fall essential oils. I can do many things to support my family’s health this season; reducing sugar intake, putting everyone to bed on time, and making sure that my boys are dressed appropriately for the weather. I have also chosen to use essential oils to support our immune and respiratory systems.
Derived from the leaves, roots, flowers, and bark of plants, pure essential oils are concentrated liquids containing aromatic and beneficial compounds that work in harmony with our bodies. Humans have been using them for centuries to support their health and well-being.
Fall Essential Oils
When the weather gets cold, I prepare by pulling out blankets, coats, mittens, hats, and Young Living essential oils. Shared below are some of my favorites.
Cinnamon Bark essential oil promotes a healthy immune response. Try combining 5 drops of cinnamon bark with 1 drop each of clove and nutmeg in your diffuser for an inviting Pumpkin Spice scent!
Clove essential oil promotes a healthy immune response, and may support overall wellness.
When rubbed on the bottoms of the feet, Thieves® may support a healthy immune function. This is another fantastic oil to diffuse…especially when the kids get home from school!
Created just for kids, this oil feels warm and comforting on the chest and supports respiratory health.
Energizing peppermint essential oil supports normal digestion, and promotes healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comfort.
Pine and Eucalyptus globulus
Combine pine and eucalyptus globulus 1:1 with carrier oil and rub on your chest to support a healthy respiratory system. I also like this combination in the diffuser.
Abundance™ is created to enhance “the law of attraction,” which refers to the things we attract to ourselves. It has a warm, spicy fragrance simply perfect for fall. I love to put it in the diffuser and on my wrists.
Frankincense and Lavender
Combine frankincense and lavender 1:1 with a thick carrier oil, then smooth over lips for soft, healthy skin.
Orange and Lemon
Orange and lemon essential oils smell wonderful with spicy oils! Combine 5 drops of orange with 1 drop each of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg in the diffuser for a comforting Orange Spice scent.
Ginger essential oil supports a healthy lifestyle regimen and has a delicious, spicy fragrance. Diffuse 1 drop each of ginger and patchouli with 6 drops of orange for a crisp fall scent.
Young Living Starter Kit
October is the perfect month to discover how essential oils can support your family’s health and wellness. Here is the easiest and most affordable way to get started with essential oils. When you purchase a Young Living Premium Starter Kit (which is, on its own, a super deal at $160), you will receive:
- The Everyday Essential Oils Collection: Includes Peppermint, Lavender, Lemon, Frankincense, R.C.™, Thieves®, PanAway®, Purification®, Copaiba, and DiGize™.
- Young Living Diffuser
- Stress Away™ essential oil (5 ml)
- AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- An additional twelve essential oil sample size products
- Welcome to Young Living booklet
- Member Resource Guide
- Young Living Roadmap to Success
- Essential Oils at a Glance user’s guide
- 10 Love It? Share It! bottles and essential oil cards
Plus, I will help you “get started” on your essential oil journey by kicking in these AWESOME EXTRAS at no additional cost to you:
- Essential Oil Welcome Gift (contains Thieves® Spray, essential oil bottle labels, and many other oily goodies!)
- Access to The Oil Nation and Oil Explorers Facebook Groups: Smart groups where you can ask essential oil questions and learn from over 1,000 members.
- Introductory eCourse: Covers essential oils basics.
- Refer a friend and receive a bonus 15 ml Young Living oil when she/he signs up too! Refer a friend offer only valid when all parties are signed up with Enroller and Sponsor ID 2555711. (Oil value will not exceed $11.25)
- Amazon Gift Card! Sign up through this post and receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card. You must use promotion code FallOils on step 8 of the signup directions.
- October Downline Drawing! My downline members who reorder at least 50 PV from Young Living during the month of October will be automatically entered into a drawing. Winner will receive a 14.4 oz bottle of Thieves® Household Cleaner and a 16 oz amber glass spray bottle. Click HERE to learn how to reorder from Young Living.
*This offer is valid in US only. Specials expire October 31, 2015.
How to Sign Up for a Premium Starter Kit:
If you are ready to buy a starter kit, then be sure to sign up as a wholesale member (with one of the premium starter kits) through the instructions below.
1. Head over to the Young Living page and fill out your information. (Signing up as a wholesale member does not mean you have to ever sell anything. It simply gives you that option if you so choose and the ability to make Young Living Oil purchases at wholesale prices.)
2. Be sure the “Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices.
3. Be sure the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 2555711 (so I can send you your freebies!).
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds here and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). They need a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
5. Select which starter kit you want to get. My recommendation is the Premium Starter Kit (and that is the one where get all of the extras from me). Those are the kits with oils that you will likely use almost every single day! You can get the kit that’s $160, or you can get a kit for $170 or $260 with different diffusers.
6. During the sign up process, please note that Step 3 is optional. The Young Living Essential Rewards (ER) program is fantastic! It allows you to save on shipping costs and earn credit for every ER purchase along with monthly bonuses. You can always sign up for this voluntary program later; I’ll send over an email with more details on that after you sign up.
7. Go through the checkout process.
8. After you sign up, please fill out the following form with the promotion code FallOils so I can send you your freebies! (If you have a different promotion code from my Facebook Page, please use that!)
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Order Number’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Promotion Code’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Referred By’ type=’text’/][/contact-form]
IMPORTANT: This promotion is only available when you sign up with the sponsor ID and enroller ID as #2555711!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does signing up make me a distributor?
Nope! You are not required to sell anything to anyone. When you become a wholesale member, you receive a special link that you can choose to share with friends to get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. In fact, 90% of the wholesale members in Young Living don’t do the business side at all. They are buying from Young Living because of the quality alone.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
There are absolutely NO minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if there’s a year that you don’t make a $50 purchase, you can reinstate your wholesale membership discount by just placing a $50 order.
If you do find yourself making regular purchases each month, then Young Living has a rewards program (Essential Rewards) where you can make a generous percentage back in product credit each month on all of your purchases.
Why should I buy from Young Living instead of other essential oils companies?
It does seem like a new essential oils company pops up every day, doesn’t it?
I can’t speak to the quality of other companies, but I can say that Young Living was the only company in my research of essential oil companies that could answer all of my questions about purity in a way that was satisfactory to me.
Young Living was the only company that has their own farms (in the regions where the plants should be grown), could absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand), has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing, and use many different testing methods not just GC/MS which only tests for certain chemicals, not whether those chemicals are synthetic or not), and only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. Every other company I researched goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust that the oil broker is telling the truth, who has to trust that the essential oil distilleries are telling the truth, who have to trust that the farmers are telling the truth about what they say they are doing.
With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several.
Young Living is a full-disclosure company. ANYONE can visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process. That’s not an option with any other company.
How will I know which oils to use for what?
One of the benefits of getting a starter kit through this promotion is that you also get to join our private Facebook groups designed specifically for questions about essential oils!
Does Young Living only sell essential oils?
The answer to this one was surprising to me when I first got my starter kit! Young Living actually has an entire line of personal care products, supplements, meal replacements, energy drinks, and more!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. Please keep essential oils out of the reach of children.