Inside: Looking for an easy Olympics-inspired craft for kids? This simple Olympic-Inspired Torch Craft, created from construction paper and wooden craft sticks, is perfect for celebrating the Olympics at home or school.
On the way home from school Friday my son excitedly shared, “Mommy, the kids in my class are so pumped for the Winter Olympics. It’s all everyone talked about today!”
His enthusiasm was contagious! Gathered around the television, we couldn’t wait to watch curling, ski jumping, and figure skating.
How to Make an Olympics-Inspired Torch Craft
If your kids feel just as excited as mine about the Olympics, they may enjoy creating this easy and fun Olympic-Inspired Torch Craft.
To Make This Craft You Will Need
- 2 wide craft sticks
- 2 miniature craft sticks
- tacky craft glue or hot glue
- red, orange, and yellow construction paper
1. Squeeze a dot of glue at the bottom of one wide craft stick. Place the second wide craft stick on top of it, then fan the top half out to create the body of the torch.
2. Glue a miniature craft stick to the top of the wide craft sticks. If using wet tacky craft glue, allow the glue to dry completely before moving onto the next step.
3. Cut the red, orange, and yellow paper into flames.
4. If desired, paint the craft stick torch gold. Allow the paint to dry completely.
5. Glue the flames to the top of the torch.
6. Secure the second miniature craft stick to the back of the torch with tacky craft glue or hot glue. If using tacky craft glue, allow the glue to dry completely before moving.
This simple popsicle stick craft is perfect for schools that host a mock Olympics and want each child to hold their own miniature torch.
Isn’t it fun? My kids enjoyed running around the yard with their torch held high in the air!
Save This Craft