Inside: Looking for an easy and fun spring craft for kids? This vibrant Paper Plate Chick Craft, created from construction paper and a paper plate, is perfect for welcoming spring at home or school!
Spring is in the air! This classic Paper Plate Chick Craft is perfect for welcoming green grass, blue skies, and warmer weather.
Paper Plate Chick Craft
Spring is the perfect season for baby chick crafts! This cute craft looks adorable on school bulletin boards or hanging on the refrigerator at home.
Pair this craft with a spring writing prompt, books about chicks, or a visit to a farm!
To Make This Spring Chick Craft You Will Need
- white paper plate
- yellow paint
- orange and yellow construction paper
- large wiggly eyes
- tacky craft glue
Directions for Paper Plate Chick Craft
1. After gathering supplies, invite your child to paint the back of their paper plate yellow.
2. While the paint is drying, invite your child to trace their hands on yellow construction paper. At school, kids may enjoy partnering up to trace each other’s hands.
3. Next, cut out the handprints with scissors. Glue them to the back of the paper plate.
4. Cut out two 6-inch strips of orange paper, 2 small orange hearts, and 1 small orange petal shape.
5. Glue one orange heart to each orange strip to make the chick’s legs. Next, glue the chick’s legs to the back of the yellow paper plate.
6. Fold the orange petal shape in half, then glue it to the middle of the paper plate to make the chick’s beak.
7. Last, glue two wiggly eyes above the chick’s beak.
Isn’t it adorable? Super easy and fun for home, school, or daycare!
Video Tutorial: Paper Plate Chick Craft
Watch the video below to be guided through each step of this craft. You can view more easy kids craft tutorials on our Facebook Page, Teachers Pay Teachers Page, or right here on our website.
Save This Craft
More Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
Click the images below to view more easy and fun paper plate crafts for kids.
Want even more?
Make sure to follow on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for more easy crafts, activities, recipes, and parenting tips. And don’t forget to subscribe to our emails.